Saturday 24 January 2015

Recipe alert: Easy cauliflower tabouleh

In the past, I haven't been a big fan of cauliflower. This was especially true in 2014, when it was
dubbed health food of the year, and the price tag on the hitherto humble veg soared.

But I'm revising my prejudices in 2015. Yes, the friendly cauli is quite messy, and it develops brown spots if left to its own devices for more than a day or two, but it's got lots of health benefits to make up for these deficits. Most importantly, prepared with care, it can taste pretty darn good.

You really should try this quick and easy cauliflower tabbouleh. I'm certain you'll like it. It would be especially refreshing on a hot day -- not the middle of January, which is the time I've picked to share it with you. Try garnishing it with avocado and serving it with steamed green beans or roasted asparagus and a nice salmon steak. You could also throw in some diced coloured bell peppers to give it more colour.

N.B. If you're like me, you may find the powdered garlic a bit much. In this case, try substituting finely minced fresh garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment