Sunday 8 December 2013

Ah, happiness!

Bill Cunningham in action:)
One of the best possible things you can do for yourself anytime, anywhere, is to pay attention to what's going well in your life. The more you can see the blessings around you and the things you're doing well at, the better you'll feel. The better you feel, the more you'll enjoy life. The more you enjoy life, the easier it will be to make positive changes and (not incidentally:P) to kick binge eating disorder.

With that in mind, I thought I'd share some of the things I'm grateful for today:
  • a neighbour made me a hot toddy because I have a sore throat;
  • a dear friend got married!
  • I ran into my dad on his way home from a party;
  • my sister-in-law called me with a great idea for my twin brothers' birthdays;
  • the sky was clear and blue, and the sun shone all day;
  • the silhouettes of the trees and wild grasses in the setting sun, and the twinkling lights at dusk, took my breath away;
  • Fran taught Sunday morning yoga and she's finally recovering from her neck injury;
  • espace musique was playing great French holiday tunes; and
  • a friend introduced me to style columnist Bill Cunningham. If you need a shot of happiness, watch one of his videos. He takes such delight in life, and has a wonderful, old voice with an accent that's to die for.
What about you? Did anything happen today that you're grateful for? Think back on it and enjoy it! If you'd like, share it here. I'd love to read about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment