Friday 15 November 2013

Confessions of a recovered foodaholic

I haven't always been Ms. Slim. In fact, I spent about ten years of my life struggling with a food addiction followed by a meal malediction. Or, to put it in plain English, I had binge eating disorder (B.E.D.) for seven years and anorexia for four. To this day, few things give me the satisfaction of being slinky slim and *healthy*.

Believe me, I know this isn't all there is to life. But, but and again but, being fit and healthy makes life more enjoyable, while feeling badly about looks, weight or diet simply sucks.

In my quest for a cure for B.E.D., I soaked up all kinds of information that helped me to go from meaty and miserable to slim and trim. Recovering from anorexia taught me about the importance of love (and proper portion sizes!:)), and showed me how beautiful curves can be.

I aim to put my knowledge at your disposal, and hope that you'll learn from my successes and failures. If you happen to be suffering from either B.E.D. or anorexia, perhaps this blog will give you a push in the right direction. If you've never had either dread disease -- which I fervently hope -- and simply want to learn more about eating for pleasure, good health and, perhaps, a better figure, I'll do my best to supply you with tips and tricks you can put into practice and the odd tried and true or brand-new recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Ellen,

    Really proud of you for having the courage to post this.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete